Ivan Safrin and Charlie Whitney make up the ominous Team Horrible.
Ivan might be familiar if you’ve been reading my How to Make a Game in 2013 posts on Motherboard, because he is the creator of Polycode, a forthcoming open-source, creative code frame and game design tool.
Charlie is a media artist and coder and a member of Red Paper Heart, an art collective based in Brooklyn who’ve done some pretty amazing installations and projects.
Team Horrible is working on Horrible Planet Party, a game about gene splicing on the fly as an alien on what is presumably a horrible planet. As players pick up new attributes from the sky, they combine to create new traits for the player, like jumping higher, or moving faster. The characters are evolving as you play, sometimes based on a conscious decision, sometimes by chance based on how you play.
I hope it’s horrible!
9 Notes/ Hide
- miaowl likes this
- hatecrimesss reblogged this from gamejam and added:
- letmeslipitin likes this
- gamedblog reblogged this from gamejam and added:
- heatheriswatching reblogged this from gamejam
- heatheriswatching likes this
- marcysboyfriend likes this
- hseallstar reblogged this from gamejam
- seawardspirits reblogged this from gamejam
- gamejam posted this